*Διατίθεται μόνο στα Αγγλικά
You can complement your CAT I certification by attending one of UE System’s CAT II Ultrasound courses.
This training will give students a deeper and more advanced knowledge about how Ultrasound technology can take a maintenance & reliability program to a world-class level.
These are 32-hour courses: 4 days of theory/practice and half day for the summary and the exam.
UE Systems’ CAT II courses are in conformity with the requirements of the ASNT (American Society of Non-Destructive Testing) Recommended Practice, SNT-TC-1A and follows the guidelines of the ISO 18436-8, the standard for condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines.
- Sound Theory & Ultrasound principles;
- Advanced Leak detection: pressure, vacuum, reporting & cost analysis, developing a compressed air program
- Electrical Inspection: spectral analysis, developing an electrical inspection program
- Valves Inspection: configure instruments, software for ABCD record keeping & reporting, review of compressor
- Steam Traps: software for steam trap record keeping, data logging and stream cost analysis, review procedures
- Bearings: monitoring, trending and lubrication, set up alarm groups and trend reports, bearing detection & lubrication programs
- Student case history presentations
Requirements for Certification
- Attend certification training and pass the General, Specific and Practical examinations with a score of 80% or better.
- Documentation of education or experience must be maintained annually.
- Hearing acuity must meet the minimum requirement of one ear of less than 25 dBHL at 500 Hz to 4 kHz (with or without aid.) Hearing acuity examinations must be documented annually.
- Documented experience signed by a supervisor or superior for 6 months, additionally of the CAT I experience of 6 months, for a cumulative 12 months’ experience to qualify for official certification of CAT II.