Where are you from and what did you study in school?
- Born in St. John’s, Newfoundland and grew up in Newmarket, Ontario
- I went to Bible College for a short time (I was almost a Pastor)
What do you like to do in your free time?
- Golf in the summer
- Art: I’m an amateur Star Wars Artist on the side
- Cigar and Bourbon Aficionado
What jobs did you have before working with UE Systems?
- What job didn’t I have???
- Been in sales for most of my adulthood
What was your first impression of the maintenance & reliability community?
Sean: Very tight-knit and loyal community/ family
What’s surprised you most about what you could do with ultrasound technology?
- That this generic division (Airborne Structure Borne) or Ultrasound does NOT look for babies or is a medical imager
- As an application, I was drawn to the electrical inspection and how Airborne Ultrasound can locate and detect Corona/Tracking/Arcing/ PD and mechanical looseness
Do you have any hidden talents?
- I’m an Artist
- Played national level sports growing up in Baseball, Badminton and Volleyball
If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
- Just something?? Professional Artist and Golfer in my personal life
- In my professional work life? Expert in all Maintenance & Reliability/ Asset Management
Where is a place you would like to visit?
Sean: Scotland/ Ireland: Bucket list golf trip!
Cake or Pie?
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, past or present, who would it be and why?
Sean: Jesus, no question…
What’s your best childhood memory?
Sean: Playing sports
What is the best piece of advice you have received?
Sean: Love God and Love your Neighbor
Do you have any movie or TV show recommendations?
- Um…. Star Wars (Original and Prequel trilogy … not the sequel trilogy!)
- Forrest Gump
- Grown Ups 2
- Basically, all Star Wars tv shows on Disney +
- If I keep going with this list it will be a novel…
What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Sean: Enjoying a nice pairing of a Cigar and Bourbon
What is the most important thing you have learned while working with UE Systems?
- Less is more
- It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
- When Doug’s in a bad mood, do not engage in any conversation ?