The comprehensive CAT I training classes enable participants to significantly improve their predictive maintenance program and implement world class ultrasound programs at their facilities.
These are 32-hour courses: 4 days of theory/practice and half day for the summary and the exam.
UE Systems’ CAT I courses are in conformity with the requirements of the ASNT (American Society of Non-Destructive Testing) Recommended Practice, SNT-TC-1A and follows the guidelines of the ISO 18436-8, the standard for condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines.
- Airborne/Structure Borne Ultrasound Technology
- Leak detection, mechanical & electrical inspections
- Compressed air leak surveys, condition-based lubrication, steam trap inspections, bearing analysis
- How to improve asset availability and profitability
- Reporting through specialized software
- How to reduce and save on energy consumption.
Requirements for Certification
- Attend certification training and pass the General, Specific and Practical examinations with a score of 80% or better.
- Documentation of education or experience must be maintained annually.
- Hearing acuity must meet the minimum requirement of one ear of less than 25 dBHL at 500 Hz to 4 kHz (with or without aid.) Hearing acuity examinations must be documented annually.