When a good spot to mount a Remote Access Sensor (RAS) is not available on an electric motor, UE System’s Motor Fin Mounts may be the perfect solution.
Selecting the proper Motor Fin Mount is accomplished by measuring the depth and width of the cooling fins where you want to locate the remote ultrasound sensor.
The Motor Fin Mount needs to be long enough to directly contact the motor case between the fins.
Loctite AA H3300 adhesive is then used to hold the Motor Fin Mount in place.
The Thickness of the Motor Fin Mount should allow contact at the bottom and minimize the amount of adhesive needed.
- Material: Alloy 17-4PH (UNS S17400), Type 630, is a chromium-nickel-copper precipitation-hardening martensitic stainless steel with an addition of niobium. 17-4PH combines high strength and hardness with good corrosion resistance.
- Type 630 is magnetic in both the solution annealed and precipitation hardened conditions. Type 630 is used for parts requiring corrosion resistance and high strength at room temperature or at temperatures up to 600°F
Height: See below
Width (contact point): see below
Diameter (mounting surface): 1 in
Recommended Mounting Adhesive: Loctite AA H3300 (Sold Separately)
- Easily take ultrasound readings when accessibility on electric motors is difficult.
- The fins allow you to take the best possible reading – closest to the bearing housing.
- With the UE Systems Fin Mounts, you can take consistent ultrasound readings in three (3) different ways:
- With our handheld Ultraprobes using the stethoscope module
- With our handheld Ultraprobes using the magnetic transducer
- You can also mount a Remote Access Sensor (RAS) on the fin mount and take readings remotely with a handheld Ultraprobe or switch box
- We offer 4 different sizes and an epoxy kit that will ensure the sturdy installation of the mounts.
Loctite AA H3300
Loctite® Speedbonder® H3300 is a highly thixotropic, two-component, room temperature curing, 1:1 mix ratio, methacrylate adhesive system.
H3300 is formulated to provide fixturing strength within 6-12 minutes.
This adhesive forms resilient bonds and maintains its strength over a wide range of temperatures.
H330 is suitable for bonding a variety of substrates with a minimum of surface preparation.
CMCP 206 Adhesive Filler:
- 50 mL Gap Filling Epozy
- Anchors Motor Fin Mount to Cooling Fins
- Mounts 5-10 Motor Fin Mounts
- Requires Adhesive Dispenser and Mixing Nozzles
CMCP 207 Adhesive Dispenser:
- Easily dispenses Adhesive
- Includes 1:1 Plunger for CMCP206
CMCP 208 Mixing Nozzles
- Pack of 12
- For Mixing and Dispensing CMCP206 Adhesive
- Cleans and Degreases Mounting Surface
- ODC Free
- 15 Ounce Aerosol Can
- Residue Free
There are two different options to purchase UE System’s Motor Fin Mounts:
- Buying individual units
- Buying a complete kit that comes with 40 units (10 of each size) and includes an epoxy dispenser and 3 epoxy tubes.
Epoxy and epoxy dispensers can also be purchased separately.