RAS – Remote Access Sensors
Quickly and easily inspect enclosed or hard-to-reach bearings with UE Systems’ permanent mounted Remote Access Sensors.
When accessibility is an issue, the Remote Access Sensor is the answer.
When accessibility is an issue, such as when a motor is contained within a closed cabinet, or a test point is in a hard-to-reach area, the Remote Access Sensor (RAS) is the answer.
Mount the RAS on the test point and run a cable to an access area where a RAM (Remote Access Module) can be connected. When the point is to be tested, plug the RAM into your Ultraprobe and take your reading. Installation is very simple and testing is really easy.
Just mount the RAS transducer on your test subject, attach a BNC cable, run the cable through an access hole. Now, every time you come by, just plug it into your Ultraprobe 9000, 10,000, 15,000 or 401, record your data and move on.
If you have multiple bearings on hard-to-reach areas, you can even make use of UE Systems’ Switch Boxes which will allow to test up to 8 bearings at once!
UE Systems Switch Box
When access or safety make it challenging to inspect a test point, the RAS Switchbox is your answer, making remote sensing quick, easy and safe.
Connect and test single or multiple points remotely. Permanently mount a RAS to a test point and run a coax cable to the Switch Box. Once connected, you may test up to 8 test points at a time. To test, attach a RAM (Remote Access Module) to the Switchbox, select a test point indicator and collect your data. It’s that easy!
The UE Switchbox can be used with the Ultraprobe 9000, 10,000, 15,000 and 401.
When the test object operates under high temperatures, we have a special Remote Access Sensors and BNC cables, capable of withstanding temperatures until 250 degrees F (120 Cº)
How to Install
- Use the included Click-Bond Mounting Stud Kit which comes with a solvent wipe, an acrylic adhesive and 2 x Click Bond units which will allow you to easily glue the stud to the testing point.
- Then simply thread the RAS onto the stud and connect the cables.
- One end of the BNC-to-BNC cable connects to the RAS and the other end goes into a Remote Access Module (RAM). We have standard cables with different lengths and these can even have customized lengths when needed.
- When you need to test, just plug your Ultraprobe into the Remote Access Module (RAM) and perform your inspection as usual.
Optionally you can make use of a Switch Box:
- Run multiple BNC-to-BNC cables into the switch box and a splitter will lead them to one cable only.
- Attach the RAM to this cable, plug your Ultraprobe to the RAM and inspect 1 to 8 test points simply by switching from one channel to the other.
What you will need:
- UE Remote Access Module (RAM) adaptor enabling the Ultraprobe 9000, 10,000 or 15,000 to read data from the Remote Access Sensor (RAS). The RAM is included with the Ultaprobe 10,000 and 15,000.
- BNC-to-BNC Cable, to establish a connection between the Remote Access Sensor and the Remote Access Module. Available in the following standard dimensions: 3 feet (0.9 meters); 4 feet (1.2 meters); 12 feet (3.6 meters); 25 feet (7.6 meters); 50 feet (15.2 meters); 75 feet (22.8 meters). UE Systems might also create customized cables with different dimensions than the standard ones, at request.
- Click-Bond Mounting Stud Kit, to permanently attach the RAS to the test point. The Kit includes:
• Abrade tool
• CB911 Solvent Wipe – removes oil, grease wax and dirt from the surface to be adhesive bonded
• CB 200 Acrylic Adhesive
• Wooden stick to apply adhesive
• 1 x Click Bond piece
• Mounting Instructions
It’s that easy!
Remote Access Sensors Kit:
The Remote Access Sensors are supplied together with everything you need to permanently mount them into your bearings:
- BNC-to-BNC cable
- Abrade tool
- CB911 Solvent Wipe
- CB 200 Acrylic Adhesive
- Wooden stick to apply adhesive
- Click Bond piece
- Acoustic Isolation Sleeve
- Mounting Instructions
- Switch Box (optional)