Ultraprobe 2000 ATEX
The industry’s most comprehensive analog ultrasound instrument with ATEX rating
The industry’s most comprehensive analogue ultrasound instrument with ATEX rating!
The Ultraprobe 2000ATEX flexibility and adaptability easily adjusts to meet a wide range of testing demands. This intrinsically safe instrument tests for leaks as well as performs mechanical and electrical inspections.
Find compressed air and faulty steam traps & prevent machinery failure.
Why Choose this instrument?
- Easy to use
- Adjustable Frequency from 20 kHz to 100 kHz
- Accurate analogue meter with meter mode function
- Ideally for point & shoot trouble shooting
- For use in ATEX or EX zones without the need for exempt work permits
Intrinsically Safe / ATEX:
- FM & CSA approved intrinsically safe: Class I, division 1, groups A-B-C-D
- ATEX group IIC
- CE approved
- Concerned gasses: methane-propane-ethylene-acetylene-hydrogen
- See the Certification section for a copy of a certificate for your review.
Ultrasound Technology is the smart approach to inspection:
- Ultrasound is very directional and localized
- Ultrasound can be easily blocked or shielded
- Ultrasound instruments can be used in noisy environments
- Changes in Ultrasound provide early warning of potential problems
- Ultrasound instruments are easy to use!
The Ultraprobe 2000ATEX also enables data reporting through three modes: through auditory channels (via a headset that has been specifically selected for heavy duty industrial use), through a uniquely designed bi-modal analog meter, and through the ability to interface with vibration analyzers, & sound recording devices via the heterodyned output.
The Ultraprobe 2000ATEX can be adapted to test any problem in operating equipment with such features as:
- FREQUENCY TUNING enables a user to tune into problem “sounds” while minimizing background interference.
- METER MODE selection adjusts the meter response from a real time response to an averaging response. This feature allows accurate adjustments for leak detection and for mechanical analysis.
The Ultraprobe 2000ATEX can heterodyne ultrasound into audible range providing accurate sound reproduction.
Sensitive only to ultrasonic frequencies, the Ultraprobe® 2000 will not respond to the low frequency noises often associated with most plant equipment. Therefore, the instrument can be effectively utilized in very loud factory environments.
This unique instrument offers a unique & accurate listening experience
for your troubleshooting needs in ATEX required zones!
Complete with everything you need to for accurate route inspection, the Ultraprobe 2000ATEX includes standard:
- ULTRAPROBE housing with metered pistol grip, ballistic meter, frequency tuning dial, 10 turn potentiometer, numerically calibrated sensitivity dial with selection lock, bi-modal meter selector switch, battery, battery indicator light, battery recharger receptacle and head set receptacle.
- Deluxe industrial noise reducing headset
- Battery recharge kit for main housing and warble tone generator
- Zero Halliburton aluminum carrying case
- Trisonic scanning module for locating airborne ultrasound such as pressure, vacuum and electrical emissions
- Rubber focusing cone for narrowing reception band of scanning module and for blocking out ambient ultrasound
- Stethoscope (contact) module for monitoring internal ultrasound such as in bearings, steam traps and valves
- Extension rod set to increase stethoscope contact range to 78 cm (31 inch)
- Warble tone generator with amplitude selection switch for use in tone test method
- Comprehensive instruction manual
Only this configuration is available under the ATEX certification.
Specifications overview Ultraprobe 2000 ATEX
Rubber Focusing Cone (flexible) slips over scanning module to concentrate conical directivity and to shield reception of stray ultrasound. Also fits over Stethoscope Module to shield against high ambient ultrasound while unit isat maximum sensitivity.
Stethoscope Module – Plug-in type, insulated module with RF shielding; 11,4 cm (4 1/2′) long stainless steel probe tip, conically shaped for uniform surface contact.
Stethoscope Extension Rod Set: 3-piece, segmented metal rods to increase stethoscope contact range for 50,8 cm (20”) and 76.2 cm (31”).
Meter is accurate 1% throughout entire scale. Low Level Battery LED indicator for main housing internal power supply
Bi-Modal Meter Switch for logarithmic and linear meter scale adjustments.
Optional Auxiliary Mode selection for chart recorder output: 0-50 mV.
Sensitivity Control – Precision 10-turn adjustment dial with numerically calibrated sensitivity increments for finite gain adjustment.
Spring loaded trigger switch
18.5 x 14.5 6.5 (47 x 37 x 17 cm)
Pistol unit: 2 lbs. (0.9 kg.)
Complete carrying case: 14 lbs. (6.4 kg)
at a distance of 50 ft. (15.24 m)
5 years with completed warranty registration card.
* depends on leak configuration
** specify Ex rating if needed at time of order
Ultraprobe 2000 is covered by one or more of the following patents:
0151115; 0303776; 0315199; 1206586; 1297576; 1881263; 2562758; 2689339; 4416145; 4823600; 5955670; 6122966; 6339961; 6341518; 6415645; 6655214; 6707762; 6804992; 8746068; 10,634,650; 102844605; 2,722,871; 2283335; 2558767; 2558815; 6020090333658; 6020110694227.9; 6996030; 7,817,050; 8,255,240; 8,707,785; 8,746,068; 9,200,979; ZL201180018875.9
Ultraprobe 2000 meets and exceeds ASTM E1002-2005 requirements for leak detection. Government codes NSN:6635-01-156-3927, FSCM (CAGE) code: 59202. Table of allowance #s: 788, 404, 576, 583, 607