Installing the UE Systems Remote Access Sensors and Switch Boxes is really simple and easy.
- Use the included Click-Bond Mounting Stud Kit which comes with a solvent wipe, an acrylic adhesive and 2 x Click Bond units which will allow you to easily glue the stud to the testing point.
- Then simply thread the RAS onto the stud and connect the cables.
- One end of the BNC-to-BNC cable connects to the RAS and the other end goes into a Remote Access Module (RAM). We have standard cables with different lengths and these can even have customized lengths when needed.
- When you need to test, just plug your Ultraprobe into the Remote Access Module (RAM) and perform your inspection as usual.
Optionally you can make use of a Switch Box:
- Run multiple BNC-to-BNC cables into the switch box and a splitter will lead them to one cable only.
- Attach the RAM to this cable, plug your Ultraprobe to the RAM and inspect 4 to 8 test points simply by switching from one channel to the other.
What you will need:
- UE Remote Access Module (RAM) adaptor enabling the Ultraprobe 9.000, 10.000 or 15.000 to read data from the Remote Access Sensor (RAS). The RAM is included with the Ultaprobe 10.000 and 15.000.
- BNC-to-BNC Cable, to establish a connection between the Remote Access Sensor and the Remote Access Module. Available in the following standard dimensions: 0.9 meters (3 feet); 1.2 meters (4 feet); 4.5 meters (15 feet); 7.6 meters (25 feet); 15.2 meters (50 feet); 22.8 meters (75 feet). UE Systems might also create customized cables with different dimensions than the standard ones, at request.
- Click-Bond Mounting Stud Kit, to permanently attach the RAS to the test point. The Kit includes:
• Abrade tool
• CB911 Solvent Wipe – removes oil, grease wax and dirt from the surface to be adhesive bonded
• CB 200 Acrylic Adhesive
• Wooden stick to apply adhesive
• 2 x Click Bond pieces
• Mounting Instructions